In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba languages?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1813 by millionaireman
The locals of the island speak Papiamento. However, aside from that language, what other languages do they know? I would appreciate if some of them could understand my language.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1828 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba languages?
What country are you from Millionaireman? Do you know Spanish? They say the locals could speak Dutch and some of them knows Spanish. When you don't know these languages, communicate to them in English, they would understand you.:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1848 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Aruba languages?
You would find different races there. You might bump into someone who could speak Chinese, French, Portuguese and others. Lucky for you if you meet some who could speak your language. What language do you speak?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1857 by crystal
Replied by crystal on topic RE:Aruba languages?
There are many language spoken in Aruba. Of course, the universal language English always exist. Aside from that, there's Papiamento, Spanish and Portuguese. I learned the basic Spanish language for only 2 months of stay in Aruba.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1896 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Aruba languages?
Is it easy to get around the island knowing only english?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1935 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Aruba languages?
crystal wrote:

There are many language spoken in Aruba. Of course, the universal language English always exist. Aside from that, there's Papiamento, Spanish and Portuguese. I learned the basic Spanish language for only 2 months of stay in Aruba.

How much did you spend for the Spanish lesson? For sure, you enjoyed talking to some locals who knew Spanish. ;) It would be interesting to learn the language in a short period of time.

None

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds