- Posts: 429
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Aruba languages?
That was interesting, Bethoven. It sounds unique and I would like to try it also.
Were you able to speak the language in days? How would you say "thank you" and "good morning" in Papiamento?
"Bon dia" and "Danki". The first one was good morning and the other one is thank you. These are some basic Papiamento. It took me weeks or rather months to learn the language. Do you speak other language?
None
"Bon dia" and "Danki". The first one was good morning and the other one is thank you. These are some basic Papiamento. It took me weeks or rather months to learn the language. Do you speak other language?
That doesn't sound very hard at all! I can hear the similarities between Papiamento and other languages. For example, "bon dia" sounds and looks like the "bom dia" in Portuguese. "Danki" reminds me of "Danke." I had heard that Papiamento was influenced by a lot of different languages.
None
That doesn't sound very hard at all! I can hear the similarities between Papiamento and other languages. For example, "bon dia" sounds and looks like the "bom dia" in Portuguese. "Danki" reminds me of "Danke." I had heard that Papiamento was influenced by a lot of different languages.
Wow! I cannot even relate to these words. If you go there, their language wouldn't be something strange to you. Do you know how to speak Dutch and Spanish? It seems that you know some of its words.
None
None
Wow! I cannot even relate to these words. If you go there, their language wouldn't be something strange to you. Do you know how to speak Dutch and Spanish? It seems that you know some of its words.
I don't speak Dutch, but I do understand some Spanish. I'll try learning a few words of Dutch and Papiamento before I go there. I think if anyone knows any English, it's probably shop owners who have to interact with tourists all the time, officials/police, and the young people.
None
I don't speak Dutch, but I do understand some Spanish. I'll try learning a few words of Dutch and Papiamento before I go there. I think if anyone knows any English, it's probably shop owners who have to interact with tourists all the time, officials/police, and the young people.
What would happen to the island if the people wouldn't have a common language? It will be quite difficult to sell products and most probably there would be less tourists. :rolleyes: English language really plays a very important role.
None