In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba languages?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2001 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba languages?
PappaG133 wrote:

Is it easy to get around the island knowing only english?

English is the universal language, I think everyone could understand it. By the way, what other languages do you speak? I heard there are lots of people in the island, you might meet someone who knows your language.:)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2021 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba languages?
The wonderful thing about Aruba is that the people are polyglots. Most of the people who live there can speak several languages because of the multicultral backgrounds of all the inhabitants. Can anyone tell me what Papiamento is like?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2042 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Aruba languages?
Hopi bon, hirami! Con ta bai? Papiamento is the mother-tongue of Aruba. By the way, that phrase means "very good, hirami. How are you". This are some of their language that I've learned recently. How do you find there language? :rolleyes::)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2154 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba languages?
bethoven wrote:

Hopi bon, hirami! Con ta bai? Papiamento is the mother-tongue of Aruba. By the way, that phrase means "very good, hirami. How are you". This are some of their language that I've learned recently. How do you find there language? :rolleyes::)

That was interesting, Bethoven. It sounds unique and I would like to try it also.:D Were you able to speak the language in days? How would you say "thank you" and "good morning" in Papiamento?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2172 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba languages?
What is the grammar of this language like? Is it straight forward or is it really difficult with lots of exceptions? How many English loan words does this language have?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2493 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Aruba languages?
bethoven wrote:

You would find different races there. You might bump into someone who could speak Chinese, French, Portuguese and others. Lucky for you if you meet some who could speak your language. What language do you speak?

Does the island have lots of people? I mean, I could imagine that when I go there, most of the people in the street speaks different languages. I hope I could meet them all.:D

None

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds