- Posts: 431
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Aruba languages?
Is it easy to get around the island knowing only english?
English is the universal language, I think everyone could understand it. By the way, what other languages do you speak? I heard there are lots of people in the island, you might meet someone who knows your language.
None
None
None
Hopi bon, hirami! Con ta bai? Papiamento is the mother-tongue of Aruba. By the way, that phrase means "very good, hirami. How are you". This are some of their language that I've learned recently. How do you find there language? :rolleyes:
That was interesting, Bethoven. It sounds unique and I would like to try it also.
Were you able to speak the language in days? How would you say "thank you" and "good morning" in Papiamento? None
None
You would find different races there. You might bump into someone who could speak Chinese, French, Portuguese and others. Lucky for you if you meet some who could speak your language. What language do you speak?
Does the island have lots of people? I mean, I could imagine that when I go there, most of the people in the street speaks different languages. I hope I could meet them all.
None