In-Aruba Travel Portal

H1N1 update?

More
14 years 9 months ago #2176 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:H1N1 update?
All I've heard about the vaccine is that it was just being developped. I don't know if it's been distributed yet. That could take a while, depending on the CDC and the government. I'm sure it'll get there soon. Until then, avoid people that are sick and wash your hands often.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2230 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:H1N1 update?
hirami wrote:

All I've heard about the vaccine is that it was just being developped. I don't know if it's been distributed yet. That could take a while, depending on the CDC and the government. I'm sure it'll get there soon. Until then, avoid people that are sick and wash your hands often.

I hope it would be available this year. There are lots of vaccines. Is the one being developed good for all type of sickness or this is particularly for H1N1?:o

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2232 by reymartin69
Replied by reymartin69 on topic RE:H1N1 update?
H1N1 is nowhere to be found in Aruba. It seems that the people there are very healthy. I haven't heard of any news that Arubans were infected by H1N1. Though you need to be very careful since there are still no vaccines or antidotes with this virus.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2261 by hirami
I don't think there's a vaccine that covers all of the different types of flu viruses. There's too many, and they mutate into different strands.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2353 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:H1N1 update?
Do you know that it would sometimes take years to make a vaccine? No wonder, it is not easy to produce a vaccine for H1N1. It would go through a lot of processes. For high risk person, they should be careful. Always eat properly, exercise and take vitamins C. I think everybody should do it.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2385 by hirami
I guess this is just a general vaccination. If it's mutated once, it can mutate again and again. The mutations are probably the ones that will take years to create a vaccine for.

None

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds