In-Aruba Travel Portal

Other artists?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2223 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Other artists?
What kind of work do typical Aruba artists usually make? Is there a medium that's especially popular there because of the island's natural resources?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2254 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Other artists?
hirami wrote:

You know, now that I think about it, I actually haven't heard of any really famous Aruban artists. Can you name some?

You're right. Maybe they're just really good at managing tourists fro beaches and resorts ad the like.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2255 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Other artists?
habagat wrote:

Are you referring to the charity work that was held last March? Yes, I already read about that. The event was a very interesting activity. The good thing about it was that the children were the ones making the paintings. A very noble project.

Wow! That sounds fun. I didn't know they held those kind of project there.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2269 by hirami
nakchura wrote:

You're right. Maybe they're just really good at managing tourists fro beaches and resorts ad the like.

Maybe they just haven't been able to get international recognition yet. I'd love to see what kind of art comes from this island.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2297 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Other artists?
nakchura wrote:

I think they could do more than just managing the resorts. For me, there could be some known artists in the island. It could be that they are not known internationally. I guess, what matter is the quality of products and services they provide and not the name. Would you agree?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2319 by hirami
I guess the problem is lack of exposure for these artists. At least with the internet, these artists have a greater chance at exposure. I guess all we have to wait for is for someone to display their work.

None

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds