In-Aruba Travel Portal

Movie Theater?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2341 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Movie Theater?
Do you think Aruba produces local films? I'm sure they have actors and actresses too. It would be great to watch Aruba movies. I'm curious, who could be the known artists in the island?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2390 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Movie Theater?
I'm curious about their local theater, too. I love foreign films, and I'm also very interested in their independent film industry.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2500 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Movie Theater?
I would choose to rent than go to movie theaters if the latter would be costly. If we would watch an Aruba film, do you think there would be translations? Most of the foreign films don't have subtitles and its quite difficult to understand.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2523 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Movie Theater?
bethoven wrote:

I would choose to rent than go to movie theaters if the latter would be costly. If we would watch an Aruba film, do you think there would be translations? Most of the foreign films don't have subtitles and its quite difficult to understand.

I guess that would depend on what language it's in. If it was Papimento, maybe there would be no subtitles because everyone in Aruba generally understands this language. The subtitles would probably be in a secondary language like Dutch or something.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2859 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Movie Theater?
hirami wrote:

I guess that would depend on what language it's in. If it was Papimento, maybe there would be no subtitles because everyone in Aruba generally understands this language. The subtitles would probably be in a secondary language like Dutch or something.

I think your right, Hirami. Could we still understand it even if we don't know what they say? :o I hope they would have English subtitle so that their films would be known internationally.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3165 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Movie Theater?
reymartin69 wrote:

There are movie theaters that place in an open space, like in the parking lot where they transform it into a movie theater on scheduled dates and times. You can also find Air-conditioned theaters in Oranjestad. But I would suggest you try the theater in the parking lot. :)

I think watching a movie in a parking lot would be a great idea. It would be a lot better when it is located near a beach. :D Does anyone knows what time it would start?

None

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds