Skip to content
Plan your trip

Purple ribbon

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Purple ribbon

More
17 years 2 months ago #2052 by bethoven
Purple ribbon was created by bethoven
I have heard to one of my friend that their was one event in Aruba, wherein everyone is required to wear color purple or white. Do They still celebrate this event now adays or annually? :rolleyes:

None
More
17 years 2 months ago #2080 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Purple ribbon
I haven't heard such event in Aruba. Why was the celebration called purple ribbon? I would definitely enjoy it when I go there. Does anyone knows when do they held this event? :D

None
More
17 years 2 months ago #2085 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Purple ribbon
I guess, they called it purple ribbon because they are wearing purple color of there clothe. However, I wasn't sure the detail about this event. It was only my friend who told me about this. Do you this is one of the major event that they are celebrating? :):rolleyes:

None
More
17 years 2 months ago #2130 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Purple ribbon
habagat wrote:

I haven't heard such event in Aruba. Why was the celebration called purple ribbon? I would definitely enjoy it when I go there. Does anyone knows when do they held this event? :D


likewise here also..but its an interesting..i will gladly participate on that event wearing my purple dress..isn't it an exciting experience?:)

None
More
17 years 2 months ago #2178 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Purple ribbon
Maybe purple and white have something to do with royalty since purple is often considered a color for royalty. Is this a tradition imported from the Dutch people?

None
More
17 years 2 months ago #2183 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Purple ribbon
hirami wrote:

Maybe purple and white have something to do with royalty since purple is often considered a color for royalty. Is this a tradition imported from the Dutch people?


great! its the first time i know this..i mean the purple thing and its meaning..i think it is ..although not really sure..

None
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement