- Posts: 431
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Purple ribbon
Maybe purple and white have something to do with royalty since purple is often considered a color for royalty. Is this a tradition imported from the Dutch people?
I am not quite aware with the royalty colors. Now I know that purple is one of it. I think Aruba might be influenced by the Dutch culture. Does anyone knows if the island is part of a Dutch country?
None
None
- takatenamano
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 0
I have heard to one of my friend that their was one event in Aruba, wherein everyone is required to wear color purple or white. Do They still celebrate this event now adays or annually? :rolleyes:
I don't know about that. Maybe there was just an event in one of the local bars there or restaurants that required those who would attend to wear such color.
None
- takatenamano
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 0
Maybe purple and white have something to do with royalty since purple is often considered a color for royalty. Is this a tradition imported from the Dutch people?
Really? I always thought purple was associated with poorness instead of royalty. Ha ha ha ha! Thanks for telling, now I know.
None
None
- reymartin69
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 0
None