Skip to content
Plan your trip

Purple ribbon

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Purple ribbon

More
17 years 1 month ago #2289 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Purple ribbon
takatenamano wrote:

Really? I always thought purple was associated with poorness instead of royalty. Ha ha ha ha! Thanks for telling, now I know.


It never crossed my mind that purple would be associated with poorness. That was interesting. :D Why did you think so? For me, the white one represents purity. It could be freedom too. What do you think?

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #2312 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Purple ribbon
habagat wrote:

It never crossed my mind that purple would be associated with poorness. That was interesting. :D Why did you think so? For me, the white one represents purity. It could be freedom too. What do you think?


i agree with you habagat..white to me is freedom or purity/innocence too..but i never think on the purple color to be a poor man's color..

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3089 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Purple ribbon
I didn't know that they have a celebration called "purple ribbon". I could imagine the island surrounded with purple colors. By the way, when do they celebrate this occasion?:)

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3095 by takatenamano
Replied by takatenamano on topic RE:Purple ribbon
reymartin69 wrote:

This maybe the "Carnibal" Celebration holiday in Aruba. Where they celebrate it for weeks. I don't know if they are still wearing this purple ribbon during this celebration.


I see. What made you think it maybe the Carnibal Celebration of Aruba anyway?

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3132 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Purple ribbon
habagat wrote:

I am not quite aware with the royalty colors. Now I know that purple is one of it. I think Aruba might be influenced by the Dutch culture. Does anyone knows if the island is part of a Dutch country?


I don't know if Aruba is part of Dutch colony. What could be the other colors associated with royalty? I don't think they only wear purple and white colors. :o I would bring purple clothes when I get there.

None
More
17 years 1 month ago #3137 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Purple ribbon
The colors gold and silver could be associated to royalty. How about royal blue? :D I am in a democratic country so I don't know any royalty colors. I wonder, what else it could be? :rolleyes:

None
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement