In-Aruba Travel Portal

Flu prevention

More
14 years 9 months ago #2054 by bethoven
Flu prevention was created by bethoven
Currently, their is an outbreak of swine flu in Mexico, and now reported to other countries. I am wondering, does Aruba is equipped with necessary items to assist in preventing the spread of this flu? :rolleyes:

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2056 by Bigmac
Replied by Bigmac on topic RE:Flu prevention
I think that Aruba has pretty good medical facilities, including a large first-rate hospital that operates for 24 hours daily. All of the hotels in the area have their own doctors as well, which is handy for any medical issues that may arise.
I don't know how they would deal with swine flu, but I think that they would be more than capable if the need arose. They have a pro-air ambulance service there so that people can be flown back to the States if required.
THe Dr. Horacio Oduber Hospital in Aruba is large though (over 280 beds!!) and are trained to deal with almost everything I guess.
Hope this helps a bit!

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2059 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Flu prevention
I'm glad to heard that news, bigmac. Although, their is already a new discovered vaccine for this virus, I can't really deny the fact to be scared of it. Have you ever heard any news if there are already cases of this flu in this place?:rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2076 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Flu prevention
We still have cases of it in our country. I don't think we have to be scared of sickness, Bethoven. If we eat healthy foods and do the proper hygiene, that would be enough to protect ourselves from flu and other sickness. Do you take vitamins? It would absolutely help you as well.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2089 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Flu prevention
I haven't took my vitamins lately. Moreover, I always see to it that the food I am eating are healthy. Yes, you're right habagat, if you have a healthy body you don't have to be scared of this flu. But what if a virus would attack you? Do you think your immune system would still be able to fight them?:confused:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2370 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Flu prevention
It would depend, Bethoven. If your system is weak, it cannot fight the virus. That's why it is very important that we eat nutritious food, take vitamins and our body should have enough rest. Doing this, it would boost your immune system. Would you agree?

None

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds