In-Aruba Travel Portal

Churches in Aruba

More
14 years 9 months ago #2228 by hirami
Churches in Aruba was created by hirami
I've heard that Aruba has a majority Roman Catholic population, but what are their churches like in terms of architecture? Can someone give me an idea what they look like?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2286 by reymartin69
Replied by reymartin69 on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
There is a Grotto that was uniquely built into the rocks. It is found in Seroe Preto (Black Hill). They ahve built it with their own architectural design.

There are also Churches around the island. Most of the Architectural designs are Spanish inspired. One of which is the Chapel of Alto Vista.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #2314 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
The designs of the churches are Spanish? I didn't know that the Spanish had that much influence on Aruba. Has the Dutch or the Portuguese inspired any of the church designs?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2351 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
reymartin69 wrote:

There is a Grotto that was uniquely built into the rocks. It is found in Seroe Preto (Black Hill). They ahve built it with their own architectural design.

There are also Churches around the island. Most of the Architectural designs are Spanish inspired. One of which is the Chapel of Alto Vista.

I haven't heard so much on the churches of Aruba. It's good to know that the churches are not an ordinary ones. These are actually designed and influenced by the Spaniards. Is the Chapel of Alto Vista the oldest chapel in the island?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2352 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
hirami wrote:

I've heard that Aruba has a majority Roman Catholic population, but what are their churches like in terms of architecture? Can someone give me an idea what they look like?

Why not look for Chapel of Alto Vista. Its really good.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2354 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
reymartin69 wrote:

It seems the Chapel of Alto Vista really is famous in Aruba huh? It is what I also suggested for him to look for you see.

None

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds