In-Aruba Travel Portal

Churches in Aruba

More
14 years 8 months ago #2355 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
hirami wrote:

The designs of the churches are Spanish? I didn't know that the Spanish had that much influence on Aruba. Has the Dutch or the Portuguese inspired any of the church designs?

As far as I know it was only influenced by Spanish and Portuguese.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2356 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
habagat wrote:

I haven't heard so much on the churches of Aruba. It's good to know that the churches are not an ordinary ones. These are actually designed and influenced by the Spaniards. Is the Chapel of Alto Vista the oldest chapel in the island?

I don't know about that but it is one of the most famous.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2386 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
The design of Alto Vista Chapel looks very simple. It reminds me of the white buildings in Greece. Is the chapel still used for religious services?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2419 by maui
Replied by maui on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
reymartin69 wrote:

There is a Grotto that was uniquely built into the rocks. It is found in Seroe Preto (Black Hill). They ahve built it with their own architectural design.

There are also Churches around the island. Most of the Architectural designs are Spanish inspired. One of which is the Chapel of Alto Vista.

Really? They have that grotto? This is really great. Thanks for that information, reymartin. Maybe I could add up this place to visit. I know this could be one of the important place that I shouldn't forget.:D

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2476 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
Is the grotto incorporated into religious services? For example, are people baptised in the grotto?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2724 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Churches in Aruba
So, they have churches for Catholics but, how about the other religion? Do they have a large percentage of Protestants, Buddhists and other religion there?

None

Time to create page: 0.783 seconds