- Posts: 431
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Oldest house
17 years 1 month ago #2684
by habagat
None
Oldest house was created by habagat
In every country, I believe each have their known oldest house or houses. I'm pretty sure Aruba has it also. Does anyone know where we could find some of it?
None
17 years 1 month ago #2688
by bethoven
None
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Oldest house
I think the place your looking for is Savaneta. This is actually the oldest town in the island. The old house in the place is 150 years old and it's called a cas de torto or mud hut. I wonder, do you think they would renovate these houses?
None
17 years 1 month ago #2698
by brandy
None
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Oldest house
I haven't seen an old house before. I think they wouldn't renovate it because the essence of it would be lost. Are all the houses in Savaneta made from mud or clay?
None
17 years 1 month ago #2727
by bethoven
None
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Oldest house
I guess your right. They wouldn't renovate those houses because the value would be lost.
I don't know much about these town but I believe there would be some houses made from woods, cements and others. I wonder, do you think we could still find some people who live there?:rolleyes:
I don't know much about these town but I believe there would be some houses made from woods, cements and others. I wonder, do you think we could still find some people who live there?:rolleyes: None
17 years 1 month ago #3248
by habagat
None
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Oldest house
bethoven wrote:
Really? I never thought that houses made from mud would last for 150 years. This is very interesting. Is Savaneta located in Oranjestad? What could be the other towns in Aruba?
I think the place your looking for is Savaneta. This is actually the oldest town in the island. The old house in the place is 150 years old and it's called a cas de torto or mud hut. I wonder, do you think they would renovate these houses?
Really? I never thought that houses made from mud would last for 150 years. This is very interesting. Is Savaneta located in Oranjestad? What could be the other towns in Aruba?
None
- Miss Petit
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
17 years 1 month ago #3260
by Miss Petit
None
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Oldest house
Of course. when you visit Aruba, try to go to the large historical property with original features set in a central position in a historical village on the Burgundy / Haute Marne border, within walking distance of all shops, schools and large nature park.
None
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds