In-Aruba Travel Portal

Oldest house

More
14 years 8 months ago #2684 by habagat
Oldest house was created by habagat
In every country, I believe each have their known oldest house or houses. I'm pretty sure Aruba has it also. Does anyone know where we could find some of it?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2688 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Oldest house
I think the place your looking for is Savaneta. This is actually the oldest town in the island. The old house in the place is 150 years old and it's called a cas de torto or mud hut. I wonder, do you think they would renovate these houses?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2698 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Oldest house
I haven't seen an old house before. I think they wouldn't renovate it because the essence of it would be lost. Are all the houses in Savaneta made from mud or clay?:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2727 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Oldest house
I guess your right. They wouldn't renovate those houses because the value would be lost. :D I don't know much about these town but I believe there would be some houses made from woods, cements and others. I wonder, do you think we could still find some people who live there?:rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3248 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Oldest house
bethoven wrote:

I think the place your looking for is Savaneta. This is actually the oldest town in the island. The old house in the place is 150 years old and it's called a cas de torto or mud hut. I wonder, do you think they would renovate these houses?

Really? I never thought that houses made from mud would last for 150 years. This is very interesting. Is Savaneta located in Oranjestad? What could be the other towns in Aruba?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3260 by Miss Petit
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Oldest house
Of course. when you visit Aruba, try to go to the large historical property with original features set in a central position in a historical village on the Burgundy / Haute Marne border, within walking distance of all shops, schools and large nature park.

None

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds