In-Aruba Travel Portal

Credit cards

More
14 years 6 months ago #3510 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Credit cards
habagat wrote:

What if we run out of cash, are tourists allowed to borrow money from the banks? That would be pretty hard. What could be the necessary documents to be brought in case of emergency?

i don't think so..i guess its best to bring credit cards in times of emergencies while on vacation..

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3541 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Credit cards
I think they do accept checks and traveler's checks. I think it would be more unusual if a place didn't accept credit cards. That's at least one modern convenience that you can count on when traveling.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3559 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Credit cards
habagat wrote:

What if we run out of cash, are tourists allowed to borrow money from the banks? That would be pretty hard. What could be the necessary documents to be brought in case of emergency?

No banks would lend you money if they know you're a tourist. Plus, banks requires a lot of time before lending money to someone.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3571 by hirami
If you're getting a loan, that means it has to be approved. You're better off using a credit card. That's it own kind of loan. Make sure that you have more than enough money on you if you're traveling. You don't want to become desperate for money. People prey on that kind of tourist.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3597 by Miss Petit
Replied by Miss Petit on topic RE:Credit cards
I think if your credit card is Visa then you will have no problem with payment. Visa credit card is used by people mostly around the world.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3607 by hirami
Yeah, Visa actually prides themselves on being a credit card that can be used anywhere you go. That's great that you can rely on them, but I wonder how much debt you can get into when you go on a global shopping spree?

None

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds