In-Aruba Travel Portal

Natural Disasters

More
14 years 7 months ago #3344 by hirami
Natural Disasters was created by hirami
Aruba seems to have it all--warm weather all year round, beautiful landscapes, and its location outside of the hurricane zone, but are there any natural disasters to be concerned about? Are there any volcanoes?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3365 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Natural Disasters
That would be nice to know too. Honestly, I don't think there are some volcanoes in the island. However, I would like to know something else. Is Aruba prone to landslide? I believe we could see some mountains in the place. I wonder how safe these are.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3366 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Natural Disasters
Is Aruba surrounded by mountains? I haven't thought about landslides in the island but it could be possible. If the mountains were made from rocks, then it would be safe. I'll try to check it next time.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3382 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Natural Disasters
I don't know whether Aruba has mountains or not, but if it did, I think that landslides are a reasonable possibility to think about. There's a rainy season in the fall that could loosen a lot of rocks, mud, and other sediments.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3476 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Natural Disasters
Could it be possible to have wildfire in Aruba? It is a tropical country so they could be prone to this kind of natural disaster. I wonder if there have been some cases recorded.

None

More
14 years 6 months ago #3487 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Natural Disasters
I haven't heard any wildfire cases in Aruba. Is the temperature in the island too hot? I think the countries that experience that scenario have an extremely hot weather. I hope it is not the case there.

None

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds