In-Aruba Travel Portal

Must Sees in Aruba

More
14 years 6 months ago #3650 by SunSeeker
Must Sees in Aruba was created by SunSeeker
All Natural Sites

There are countless sights to see and things to do during your vacation to Aruba, but for the sake of delving into a few of them, the following three places will be classified as “must-sees” in Aruba. The Caribbean island of Aruba has much of the same benefits as other surrounding islands like white sandy beaches and unbeatable weather conditions year round. The things that make it unique are the specific activities you can only see and participate in on this island. Without pursuing these certain few places, which are totally natural to the island, your Aruba vacation will be arguably incomplete.

A site known as the Natural Bridge is a wonderful place specific to Aruba and Aruba alone. The unfortunate thing about this site is that the largest bridge was destroyed by waves in September of 2005. It makes the top list of items to see while in Aruba because ponder for a moment what a bridge looks like in your mind. You are undoubtedly picturing a man-made structure, but Natural Bridge is just the opposite of man-made. Centuries of the waves curving around the rocks eventually formed a natural bridge structures. While the largest one met its fate due to the very waves that created it, smaller ones still exist in the area and make for a wonderful site.

The next natural site you must see while in Aruba is the Natural Pool, called the Cura di Tortuga by locals. It was created naturally by rock formations and hardened lava flows. This is a great site because not only do you have the opportunity to behold the beauty of it, you can actually swim in the waters of the pool! The Natural Pool is set back in a secluded place that most people reach by ATV or horseback.

If you have never been in a cave, your Aruba vacation is the perfect time to experience it. If you have been in caves before but never in Aruba, spelunking on this island is a completely different experience that will get your adrenaline pumping. The term spelunking means cave exploring, and Aruba is absolutely the place to explore a number of beautiful caves! The waves that surround the caves are what make them so interesting to explore. Some of the rock formations allow you to see 100 feet deep! These sites and many more are open to your explorations.

Learn more about Aruba at [url] www.in-aruba.com [/url].

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3686 by wilco
Replied by wilco on topic RE:Must Sees in Aruba
We are planning our first trip to Aruba.
Can't wait to see the Natural Pool.. :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #3786 by VacaBabe
Replied by VacaBabe on topic RE:Must Sees in Aruba
Adding more places to see on my list. :) That natural pool sounds so neat! I think I need to increase the duration of my visit by another week or two already!

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3799 by Ginger
Replied by Ginger on topic RE:Must Sees in Aruba
I've seen pictures of the Natural Bridge. What a truly amazing sight, to think that something like that could actually exist without the use of builders and heavy machinery. Sad that the elements that created the beautiful stucture were also the very thing that took it away.

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3806 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Must Sees in Aruba
All 3 sound like wonderful, magical places to visit. I wish I was there prior to the Natural Bridge falling apart. Can you still walk on the natural bridge? Just not all the way across? How safe is it?
This is something I am going to try to see when we come to Aruba!

None

More
14 years 3 months ago #3821 by Reggie
Replied by Reggie on topic RE:Must Sees in Aruba
Wow! That sounds beautiful! All of the pictures I see of Aruba are gorgeous! I can't wait for my vacation to start. I really think Christmas in Aruba will be very special.

None

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds