Skip to content
Plan your trip

Hurricanes and Aruba

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Hurricanes and Aruba

More
16 years 7 months ago #4070 by beachcomber
Does Aruba experience a lot of hurricane activity like some of the other islands in the Caribbean? I would hate to travel during the hurricane season and have my vacation "blown away".:)

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4073 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Hurricanes and Aruba
This is what made me start going to Aruba in the first place. I was traveling during hurricane season and I was worried about the same thing. The fact is, Aruba is in a little nook of the Caribbean that is more often than not overlooked by hurricanes. If you are going to travel during hurricane season, this is definitely the island for you.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4081 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Hurricanes and Aruba
I am just an ordinary visitor and not a big fan of hurricanes, so I would prefer to travel in the calmer seasons. :) How do they cope with it anyway?

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4083 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Hurricanes and Aruba
Personally, I live on the Gulf Coast and in the past four and a half years I have battled Katrina, Rita, Gustav, and Ike. I totally understand not being a fan of hurricanes, but Aruba is virtually hurricane foolproof.

Hurricane season runs from June through November. If you can travel from December through May, go for it. If you have to travel during hurricane season, Aruba is a safe bet. Quite frankly, considering where I live, I would rather be in Aruba during hurricane season than here :)

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4111 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Hurricanes and Aruba
What is the weather like in "non-hurricane" season? Is it still in the 80's and warm? I've read that Aruba is virtually hurricane free, or at least a less chance of hurricanes compared to the other islands.

None
More
16 years 7 months ago #4112 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Hurricanes and Aruba
Regardless of the season, I have never been to an island that has more consistent weather than Aruba. I have been there at all different times of the year and I have never been disappointed with the weather in any way.

None
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement