Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
Do they have beginner courses? I am not as in shape as I would like to be, but it does seem kind of fun. I am just worried I will pick a larger adventure than I am ready for.
Rafting and kayaking is similar. The only difference is that rafting will give you more adrenaline rush than kayaking.
What I like in kayaking is that it is another way to pass my time leisurely. I just don't like the heat of the sun when I do kayaking.
I see. So kayaking seems to be easier and less challenging than rafting. I don't like the sun either when do rafting, as it takes at least three hours and cover the distance of around 15 miles. But you can jump into the water and swim in some calm areas along the route.
Yes, swimming after being baked under the sun will really soothe the skins. But I think it will just make the skin more vulnerable to the sun because of the salt that will be on the skin.
There are some clothing we can buy to protect our skins from burning. I guess we should have them when we have a kayak adventure.