In-Aruba Travel Portal

Trinkets

More
14 years 8 months ago #1643 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Trinkets
i would stay away from the touristy stores if you want something genuine to bring home. i would check the local markets

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1657 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Trinkets
Have you tried to visit the capital city? For me, Oranjestad would be the answer to your question. Explore the city and ask some locals, they would absolutely help you find a store that sells affordable trinkets and other Aruba souvenirs.:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1661 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Trinkets
PappaG133 wrote:

i would stay away from the touristy stores if you want something genuine to bring home. i would check the local markets

thanks for the tips on this..you mean its not genuine in the souvenirs store?:eek:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1679 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Trinkets
I agree. The tourist-oriented items are just a product of mass consumerism. The more genuine items will reflect the real spirit of Aruba and its people. That's what I'd want to buy.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1693 by millionaireman
Replied by millionaireman on topic RE:Trinkets
When are you planning to visit the island Sharird? I would agree to Bethoven. In Oranjestad, you would find more choices. The locals may help you as to where could be the most visited place to buy good souvenirs. For me, the market would be fine. I think they have affordable souvenirs there.:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1802 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Trinkets
You have to be weary of some of the locals trying to take advantage of you. You dont want to buy something for too much money

None

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds