- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Sending Fruit
- ThomianGyal
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
16 years 6 months ago #4720
by ThomianGyal
None
Sending Fruit was created by ThomianGyal
I know that sending or flying with fruit is often a problem out of many places, but I'd really love to send some Caribbean fruit back to some of my family while I visit. Does anyone know if this is possible at all?
None
16 years 6 months ago #4766
by slurpee
None
Replied by slurpee on topic RE:Sending Fruit
Dried fruits or packed fruits are good to send back to your home. Fresh fruits are generally prohibited to be transported because it might affect the agriculture of the place where you sent the fruit.
None
- vacationer
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 6 months ago #4769
by vacationer
None
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I would think they would give you a hard time about it. You could always try to put it in your suitcase and see what happens.
None
16 years 6 months ago #4778
by coconut
None
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I would shoot for packed fruits first if you can just to be on the safe side. I had issues with this when I went over to Europe as well (before I really got into traveling and realized the issues with randomly bringing things back to your own country).
None
16 years 6 months ago #4782
by Luke
None
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I had this issue one time when I visited a country and tried to bring fresh fruits. The fruits that I hand carried were confiscated while the fruits that are in the check-in luggage were not checked at all. I'm not sure if you can do this in Aruba though.
None
- ThomianGyal
- Topic Author
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 6 months ago #4783
by ThomianGyal
None
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Sending Fruit
Yes, I've also had fresh fruits confiscated. What constitutes "packed fruits," though? Does it have to be packed by the vendor or something? I just want to share the wonderful local fruit with everyone at home!
None
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds