Skip to content
Plan your trip

Sending Fruit

Aruba Forums

Advertisement

Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.

Sending Fruit

More
16 years 6 months ago #4788 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I've also heard that it's tough to send real fruit out of some places. I don't know why though really. If you buy it why can't you ship it? Can you just buy some and bring it back with you?

None
More
16 years 6 months ago #4791 by slurpee
Replied by slurpee on topic RE:Sending Fruit
ThomianGyal wrote:

Yes, I've also had fresh fruits confiscated. What constitutes "packed fruits," though? Does it have to be packed by the vendor or something? I just want to share the wonderful local fruit with everyone at home! :)


Packed fruits generally consists of fruits that are canned or are sealed in small plastic bags.

I think you can pack the fresh fruits as long as they are not hand carried, like what Luke said. Make sure that the smell of the fruit will be totally contained when you pack it.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4811 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Sending Fruit
Thanks, Slurpee!

I think that one of the major concerns is that there might be insects on fresh fruit that, if introduced to a new territory, could severely damage crops or harm people. I totally understand that, and only want to send "safe" fruit. :)

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4843 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Sending Fruit
That is one of the concerns why they don't allow fresh fruits to be transported to other countries. The fruits might be infested with bugs and that may affect the crops in the destination where you are going.

None
More
16 years 5 months ago #4872 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I was reading an article about trying to bring fresh fruit from other countries. They are afraid that bugs will be moved from one country to another and those bugs can cause unexpected damage.

None
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
Advertisement