In-Aruba Travel Portal

Sending Fruit

More
14 years 1 month ago #4720 by ThomianGyal
Sending Fruit was created by ThomianGyal
I know that sending or flying with fruit is often a problem out of many places, but I'd really love to send some Caribbean fruit back to some of my family while I visit. Does anyone know if this is possible at all?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4766 by slurpee
Replied by slurpee on topic RE:Sending Fruit
Dried fruits or packed fruits are good to send back to your home. Fresh fruits are generally prohibited to be transported because it might affect the agriculture of the place where you sent the fruit.

None

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4769 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I would think they would give you a hard time about it. You could always try to put it in your suitcase and see what happens.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4778 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I would shoot for packed fruits first if you can just to be on the safe side. I had issues with this when I went over to Europe as well (before I really got into traveling and realized the issues with randomly bringing things back to your own country). :D

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4782 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Sending Fruit
I had this issue one time when I visited a country and tried to bring fresh fruits. The fruits that I hand carried were confiscated while the fruits that are in the check-in luggage were not checked at all. I'm not sure if you can do this in Aruba though.

None

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4783 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Sending Fruit
Yes, I've also had fresh fruits confiscated. What constitutes "packed fruits," though? Does it have to be packed by the vendor or something? I just want to share the wonderful local fruit with everyone at home! :)

None

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds