In-Aruba Travel Portal

Actions That Is Offensive To The Locals

More
13 years 11 months ago #4844 by Luke
What actions we should avoid to do if we visit Aruba so that we won't offend the locals? Each region has different culture and the action that is acceptable in our home region might be offensive in Aruba.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4851 by Grable
That's a really interesting question Luke. Thanks for asking that. I'm sure the locals are used to tourists from everywhere because their main industry is the tourist trade. But it would be nice to know how not to offend them.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4868 by sunandfun
I can't think of anything that I could or would do that would offend anyone :D Kidding of course. I'm curious to know too, what things would offend the people of Aruba that we might do without knowing.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4871 by vacationer
It seems that the locals are a nice bunch of people. I am sure if you were disrespecting their land (littering), they might get upset. In that case though, I think they would have a right to be mad.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4878 by WaterWings
I would expect that. Island life is usually pretty laid back, at least on the islands I've visited. Being rude I'm sure is a big turn off to the locals as well. I don't know about anything else.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4891 by offseason
It's an interesting question, and honestly I don't know the answer. If I visited Aruba, I would just follow the general manners and try to be always polite and respectful to local people.

None

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds