In-Aruba Travel Portal

Cash or credit

More
14 years 1 week ago #4922 by offseason
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Cash or credit
vacationer wrote:

I guess I worry differently. I believe I can hide the cash on me. I am just worried if I am and about with my credit card, I am afraid I will loose it.

It maybe just me, but I think it's much easier to hide a credit card than hide a lot of cash in your pocket or wallet. Moreover, if you lost your credit card, you could be easily cancel it by contact the credit card issuer.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4933 by islandhopper
Replied by islandhopper on topic RE:Cash or credit
I agree with you offseason with the cancelling of the credit card when it was stolen. We can't bring back the cash if it were stolen from us. I also use credit cards instead of cash. I have a little cash if their are purchases of mine that needs cash payment.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4969 by drifter
Replied by drifter on topic RE:Cash or credit
I only travel with credit cards. I have had cash stolen from me before while I was on vacation (my credit card as well). Luckily, my credit card company canceled my card before they could do any damage. I also had an emergency credit card back at my hotel room to get me through the rest of my vacation.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #5000 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Cash or credit
I use my debit card most of the time because sometimes I can't control my spending when I use my credit card. I have my credit card when I really it to pay something where my debit card doesn't have enough balance. I seldom use cash on my vacations.

None

More
14 years 3 days ago #5053 by kiro
Replied by kiro on topic RE:Cash or credit
Personally when I've been to Aruba, I take both cash and a credit card (s).
But I take very little cash. Perhaps a hundred dollars or so to buy small
food items or inexpensive things to bring home. Anything more expensive,
I use a credit card. In general, credit cards are easier to conceal and
easier to be replaced if stolen.

None

More
14 years 2 days ago #5073 by Lincoln
Replied by Lincoln on topic RE:Cash or credit
I am like you kiro. I have always have some cash available with me so that I can buy small things or even fruits at the local market. I use my credit card when I pay bills at the restaurant or the payment for the hotel.

None

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds