- Posts: 123
- Thank you received: 0
Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our travel guide for current information about where to stay, where to eat and things to do.
Cash or credit
16 years 5 months ago #4922
by offseason
None
Replied by offseason on topic RE:Cash or credit
vacationer wrote:
It maybe just me, but I think it's much easier to hide a credit card than hide a lot of cash in your pocket or wallet. Moreover, if you lost your credit card, you could be easily cancel it by contact the credit card issuer.
I guess I worry differently. I believe I can hide the cash on me. I am just worried if I am and about with my credit card, I am afraid I will loose it.
It maybe just me, but I think it's much easier to hide a credit card than hide a lot of cash in your pocket or wallet. Moreover, if you lost your credit card, you could be easily cancel it by contact the credit card issuer.
None
- islandhopper
- Offline
- User is blocked
-
- None
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
16 years 5 months ago #4933
by islandhopper
None
Replied by islandhopper on topic RE:Cash or credit
I agree with you offseason with the cancelling of the credit card when it was stolen. We can't bring back the cash if it were stolen from us. I also use credit cards instead of cash. I have a little cash if their are purchases of mine that needs cash payment.
None
16 years 5 months ago #4969
by drifter
None
Replied by drifter on topic RE:Cash or credit
I only travel with credit cards. I have had cash stolen from me before while I was on vacation (my credit card as well). Luckily, my credit card company canceled my card before they could do any damage. I also had an emergency credit card back at my hotel room to get me through the rest of my vacation.
None
16 years 5 months ago #5000
by Luke
None
Replied by Luke on topic RE:Cash or credit
I use my debit card most of the time because sometimes I can't control my spending when I use my credit card. I have my credit card when I really it to pay something where my debit card doesn't have enough balance. I seldom use cash on my vacations.
None
16 years 5 months ago #5053
by kiro
None
Replied by kiro on topic RE:Cash or credit
Personally when I've been to Aruba, I take both cash and a credit card (s).
But I take very little cash. Perhaps a hundred dollars or so to buy small
food items or inexpensive things to bring home. Anything more expensive,
I use a credit card. In general, credit cards are easier to conceal and
easier to be replaced if stolen.
But I take very little cash. Perhaps a hundred dollars or so to buy small
food items or inexpensive things to bring home. Anything more expensive,
I use a credit card. In general, credit cards are easier to conceal and
easier to be replaced if stolen.
None
16 years 5 months ago #5073
by Lincoln
None
Replied by Lincoln on topic RE:Cash or credit
I am like you kiro. I have always have some cash available with me so that I can buy small things or even fruits at the local market. I use my credit card when I pay bills at the restaurant or the payment for the hotel.
None
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds