In-Aruba Travel Portal

Credit cards accepted in Aruba

More
14 years 1 week ago #4948 by sandboom
What is the most accepted credit card in Aruba? I have a Visa credit card and I wonder if it's the most accepted credit card in the island as it is in other places.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4968 by Luke
Visa is accepted worldwide and MasterCard is next. You already have a Visa card so don't worry about it. Aruba is a tourist destination in the Caribbean and we can be assured that our credit card will be used in their island, as long as it didn't reach its max limit.

None

More
14 years 1 week ago #4992 by sandboom
Thanks Luke for assuring this. Like I mentioned in another discussion here, for safety reasons I don't usually bring so much cash during my vacation trips and just rely on my credit card. Do you think there are merchants in Aruba who accept Master Card only instead of Visa?

None

More
14 years 6 days ago #5018 by slurpee
sandboom wrote:

Thanks Luke for assuring this. Like I mentioned in another discussion here, for safety reasons I don't usually bring so much cash during my vacation trips and just rely on my credit card. Do you think there are merchants in Aruba who accept Master Card only instead of Visa?

I would answer for Luke. I think there are a few merchants that would accept only MC. If you really want to buy something from there then you just have to withdraw money from your Visa and pay that merchant with cash. But I'm certain that there will be another merchant who is offering the same product or services and is accepting Visa as a payment method.

None

More
14 years 6 days ago #5020 by vacationer
I would think that most places would accept both cards because it is such a big tourist place. Merchants would lose business, I am sure if they didn't accept them.

None

More
14 years 3 days ago #5043 by slurpee
You are right about that. They would certainly lose money if the merchants don't offer the major credit cards used by tourists. What I'm interested to know if debit cards can be accessed in Aruba.

None

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds