In-Aruba Travel Portal

Windsurfing in Aruba?

More
13 years 11 months ago #5162 by sandy
Windsurfing in Aruba? was created by sandy
I've seen pictures showing people windsurfing on websites for vacationing in Aruba. I was wondering where I could go to maybe get lessons while on vacation and rent equipment for wind surfing. I have no experience doing this though. Does anyone know of anywhere like that?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5172 by mitchelle15
Thanks for reminding me my super cool experience about windsurfing. My first time was at Fisherman's Huts. For one week of training, I learned the elements of sailing thou I encountered problems in balancing. Thanks for all friendly instructors who taught me to ride in big waves.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5173 by HelgaM
Replied by HelgaM on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
I've always wanted to try windsurfing but I've always been too afraid. I'm looking forward to learning how to do this wonderful sport on my vacation. I don't think I'll become a pro while on my vacation but it should be fun learning how to windsurf.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5178 by coconut
Replied by coconut on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
What about windsurfing for newbies? This is what would worry me. I have some balance but every now and then it takes me twice as long to learn something sports wise like this.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5179 by sandy
Replied by sandy on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
It's good to hear they offer a week long course for it. I'd really like to try learning how to windsurf. It sounds like you had a great experience Mitchelle15, thanks for sharing. It really makes me feel better about giving it a try.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #5184 by sandboom
Replied by sandboom on topic RE:Windsurfing in Aruba?
Windsurfing! I have dreamed of learning it for quite awhile but never got chance to do that. I think a one week course wouldn't make us a good surfer, but at least we will learn the basic. That's enough to look good in front of the camera. :D

None

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds