In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba

More
13 years 10 months ago #5550 by SunSeeker
Aruba was created by SunSeeker
Aruba

Aruba is the smallest of the Dutch Antilles islands, located only a short distance from the Venezuela coast. It is a favorite stop off for the cruise ships whose guests come to spend a few hours exploring the beautiful capital of Oranjestad.

The Dutch influence is still every much evident in the architecture on the island. Many remnants of Dutch colonialism remain, yet the island retains its own unique charm and friendly demeanor. Aruba is also very popular with American tourists and it features plenty of home spun American comforts: hot dog vendors and bars showing a baseball match are not uncommon.
But for all that, Aruba is still uniquely a Caribbean Island, albeit something of a melting pot of different cultures, from South America to Dutch, and even Chinese. It is the smallest of the ABC islands—Bonaire and Curacao comprising the other two in the family.

Aruba is perhaps the friendliest of the three and the locals are well known for their magnanimous attitude towards visitors. In fact, whilst some of the larger Caribbean Islands have a reputation for being dangerous at times, Aruba is most definitely a place where you come to make friends that will last a lifetime.

Luxurious resorts abound amidst the unspoiled beaches and rugged landscape, but to experience the true nature of Aruba, you need to look beyond the pampered luxury of the world class hotels, and step into the unspoiled and alien landscape of the Arikok National Wildlife Park. It is here, surrounded by divi-divi trees and cacti, that you will feel like you have finally arrived in the real Aruba.

Aruba is a vacation destination for everyone. From sun soaked beaches and to the most luxury resorts, to faded colonial mansions and windswept, deserted beaches with barely a human foot print in sight, you can’t fail to be captivated by an island ripe with history and lazy Caribbean charm.

Whether you come for a hedonistic holiday of self indulgent relaxation, or a vacation characterized by the simple pleasures of a good book and a drink in a bar in Oranjestad while watching the cruise ship brigade swarm through the shops during their daily exposure, Aruba is all things to all people.

So pull up a sun lounger beneath the shade of a palm tree, order a rum cocktail from the beach bar, then lie back whilst trying not to remember that all too soon you will be forced to depart this paradise…but thankfully, not just yet.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5554 by Ruby
Replied by Ruby on topic RE:Aruba
Great article you have written there. I am just imagining what a beautiful place it truly is. And, I cannot believe that maybe this time next year I could be in Aruba. :)

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5584 by Jolene
Replied by Jolene on topic RE:Aruba
That picture alone is enough to make me want to catch the next plane to go sit on that beach with that sunset... much better than going to work!

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7769 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Aruba
What a great article! Aruba is really enchanting in nature because of its fantastic white sand beaches. Will you agree with me? So, when are you planning to have a vacation in Aruba?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8058 by julien
Replied by julien on topic RE:Aruba
SunSeeker wrote:

Aruba

Aruba is the smallest of the Dutch Antilles islands, located only a short distance from the Venezuela coast. It is a favorite stop off for the cruise ships whose guests come to spend a few hours exploring the beautiful capital of Oranjestad.

The Dutch influence is still every much evident in the architecture on the island. Many remnants of Dutch colonialism remain, yet the island retains its own unique charm and friendly demeanor. Aruba is also very popular with American tourists and it features plenty of home spun American comforts: hot dog vendors and bars showing a baseball match are not uncommon.
But for all that, Aruba is still uniquely a Caribbean Island, albeit something of a melting pot of different cultures, from South America to Dutch, and even Chinese. It is the smallest of the ABC islands—Bonaire and Curacao comprising the other two in the family.

Aruba is perhaps the friendliest of the three and the locals are well known for their magnanimous attitude towards visitors. In fact, whilst some of the larger Caribbean Islands have a reputation for being dangerous at times, Aruba is most definitely a place where you come to make friends that will last a lifetime.

Luxurious resorts abound amidst the unspoiled beaches and rugged landscape, but to experience the true nature of Aruba, you need to look beyond the pampered luxury of the world class hotels, and step into the unspoiled and alien landscape of the Arikok National Wildlife Park. It is here, surrounded by divi-divi trees and cacti, that you will feel like you have finally arrived in the real Aruba.

Aruba is a vacation destination for everyone. From sun soaked beaches and to the most luxury resorts, to faded colonial mansions and windswept, deserted beaches with barely a human foot print in sight, you can’t fail to be captivated by an island ripe with history and lazy Caribbean charm.

Whether you come for a hedonistic holiday of self indulgent relaxation, or a vacation characterized by the simple pleasures of a good book and a drink in a bar in Oranjestad while watching the cruise ship brigade swarm through the shops during their daily exposure, Aruba is all things to all people.

So pull up a sun lounger beneath the shade of a palm tree, order a rum cocktail from the beach bar, then lie back whilst trying not to remember that all too soon you will be forced to depart this paradise…but thankfully, not just yet.

What a great article! It is really informative in nature. Right?In fact, while I'm reading this, it adds my interest to visit Aruba. I will tell my friends with this.

None
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by in-aruba.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds