In-Aruba Travel Portal

Road safety on Aruba

More
13 years 8 months ago #6923 by Travelwithgrace
Just wanted to remind people not to tune out too much when navigating unfamiliar roads while on vacation. There have been several motorcycle accidents on the island recently so watch out for the traffic and take care.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6932 by horselover
Replied by horselover on topic RE:Road safety on Aruba
That is precisely why we prefer to just use the local transportation instead of driving ourselves. Those drivers are used to driving on the Aruban roads and with the Aruban drivers. Driving in a foreign country is a great way to get yourself killed!

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6939 by ShannaT
Replied by ShannaT on topic RE:Road safety on Aruba
Good point! I am always wary of traffic in countries or even areas I am not very familiar with. The cultural rules can be hard to fathom. I would also advise visitors to be aware of the way pedestrians behave when in another country. Follow the locals methods of crossing roads and you'll be safer.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6942 by Floater
Replied by Floater on topic RE:Road safety on Aruba
Unfortunately, motorcycling can be dangerous anywhere. Drivers can be so incosiderate. But, you should always be extra careful in unfamiliar territory!

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #6960 by BeachBunny
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:Road safety on Aruba
We always rent a car when we go, but you definitely do have to be careful. The problem in Aruba is the motorcycles. More specifically, the Ninjas or "crotch rockets." Every time I go I see people riding those things like maniacs through Oranjestad. First and foremost, it poses a safety issue. But secondly, those things are so darn loud they create noise pollution and that drives me crazy.

None

More
13 years 8 months ago #7095 by Travelwithgrace
BeachBunny I hear you on that noise pollution issue. It's one of the few times when I want to use an MP3 on Aruba! I would like to see this problem policed more strictly, it's not like they have that many places to hide!

None

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds