In-Aruba Travel Portal

Insects on Aruba

More
13 years 6 months ago #7613 by ShannaT
Insects on Aruba was created by ShannaT
The only down side I ever have on a trip to Aruba is the mosquitoes. I have 'o' blood, which is the sweetest so they say and definitely makes me the first choice for the bug feast. I hate using too much Deet, does anyone have any more natural ways of fighting them off?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7616 by Chipper
Replied by Chipper on topic RE:Insects on Aruba
I feel for you as I'm 'O' blood type too and have the same problem. It's crazy that I can be with 5 people and the bugs will only bite me! I have found avoiding eating bananas to be a help. Sorry I don't know about any more natural creams you could use.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7619 by Toby
Replied by Toby on topic RE:Insects on Aruba
Here at home I use a eucalyptus based spray. It doesn't work great, but it's all natural and it keeps some of them away. I don't know what bothers me more - mosquitoes or the football sized roaches, lol.

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7621 by BeachBunny
Replied by BeachBunny on topic RE:Insects on Aruba
Omg, I remember seeing a roach in my hotel bathroom one night. The thing was HUGE! I didn't blame the resort because I knew they were trying to do everything they could to keep up with pest control, but it freaked me out!

None

More
13 years 6 months ago #7622 by travelbug
Replied by travelbug on topic RE:Insects on Aruba
I'm thankful that I'm one of the ones that the mosquitoes don't seem to bother. I've heard that if you take a Vitamin B complex everyday that the mosquitoes won't bite you because it gives your skin a different smell. You might try taking it a month or so before you go and see if it makes a difference.

None

More
13 years 4 months ago #7701 by sweet gal
Replied by sweet gal on topic RE:Insects on Aruba
You must have applied mosquito repellent so they won't bother you. By the way, have you tried to visit the butterfly farm? It could be a nice experience if you have tried to witness the exhibit.

None

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds