Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
I use scooter as a means of transportation here in our place. Do you think there is a scooter rental in Aruba? Is it advisable to use scooters in highway roads in Aruba?
yes you can rent out scooters and even motorcycles in Aruba but they are only limited choices. But honestly, I'm not into scooters or motorcycles because I always doubted their safety, if cars encounter accidents on the road how much more for a motorcycle who only has 2 wheels :confused:
Renting a scooter is possible in Aruba but then i advised you not to do so, Aruba wind is something different that makes riding in a scooter a scary thing. Also, roads are not marked so if you are not that familiar with the place, you'll probably get lost. But there are lots of things to indulge in at Aruba than of riding a scooter to enjoy your stay to the fullest. Just try diverting first your attention to the beaches there, I'm sure you will love it.