In-Aruba Travel Portal

capital city

More
14 years 10 months ago #330 by lilibeth
capital city was created by lilibeth
Oranjestad is the capital city of Aruba, with a total population of 32,748 as of 2008,(according to Wikipedia) its location is in the southern coast and near the western end of the island and its dialect is called "papiamento" and its local is simply called "Playa"

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #533 by sharird
Replied by sharird on topic RE:capital city
Sounds like a bustling place and quite the contrast from the sunny beaches I've read about. Better put this on my must see list.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #535 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:capital city
sharird wrote:

Sounds like a bustling place and quite the contrast from the sunny beaches I've read about. Better put this on my must see list.

well beaches are along the coast line while i am talking about Oranjestad..the capital city where its bustling with people everyday to go to work and the likes..:D

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #680 by carol
Replied by carol on topic RE:capital city
great!! thanks for giving us some information on its population and its dialect..i will search it here to find any translation to their dialect so in time at least i can understand them..

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1126 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:capital city
I heard there are lots of places to visit in Oranjestad. What do you think is the best place we shouldn't miss to visit in the capital city? Papiamento, I never heard that dialect before, I'll try to search it as well.:)

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1509 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:capital city
bethoven wrote:

I heard there are lots of places to visit in Oranjestad. What do you think is the best place we shouldn't miss to visit in the capital city? Papiamento, I never heard that dialect before, I'll try to search it as well.:)

well i think for me i like the nightlife in oranjestad..to know more on the best places to go there is read it here

None

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds