Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Did you take that picture yourself?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1650 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Yes I did maker that picture.
I do not have much experience with underwater photography. But it is a start. The year before I lost my camera at 100ft depth. :(
But I was very happy when I get the call from the shop owner of Aqua Windie's that thay found my camera. Thay make a dive a day later at that dive site.
He is the best....

I think a experience photographer never lose his camera. :D

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 8 months ago #1655 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
SunSeeker wrote:

I have visit the Antilla once. It is huge. We had beautiful weather and the water was very clear. We made a dive through the hold of the ship. The last time I was visiting Aruba I heard that this ship was partly collapse and that is was not safe to dive through the cargo area. But still there are enough spots at this german freighter that are worth the dive.

If you want to dive at Aruba I recommend the sonesta airplanes and the Jane Sea wreck. For this dives you need a experience diver to go with you. Jads Diving Center, Aqua Windies, Mermaid Divers and Red Sails have good dive instructors.
I always dive with Fred. He is a local on the Island and has lots of experience.

A dive at baby beach is also worth the dive. No wreck over there but it is just to spectacular to miss this dive site. Enter the water at Baby Beach, swim out for 200 or 300 meters, go down, turn right, and stop at the big telephone cable that is under the water. Follow this telephone cable to the shore. Just beautiful.
Jads Diving Center is located at this dive site. They will be glad to help you.

Where is the Antilla wreck located? I'll try to check out the place when I visit Aruba. I think you had a great time in Antilla wreck. Can you tell me what could made it stand out from the rest?:rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1680 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
That sounds just like something right out of an adventure novel! I never once thought of there being any wrecks near Aruba, but that's absolutely a possibilty. If there's a wreck, there's a big story, lots of history, and maybe treasure, too.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1684 by SunSeeker
Bigmac wrote:

I hadn't realised it was sunk on purpose actually. Just did a little bit of research on it, and apparently the captain of the Antilla sank her ratehr than surrender her to the Allies. Dedicated captain.
Well , it definitely sounds worth doing from what you guys (sunseeker and Crystal) have said. You mentioned the Janes Sea wreck? Could you tell me what it is? Not heard of it!

The Jane Sea is sunk between the airport and an area called Parkietenbos. Less than a mile out of the coast. It is a cement freighter at 90 ft below waters.
It is truly magnificent down there. You have to go there by boat. We were brought there by captain Plons. He is a local who usually is booked for deep sea fishing. But he knows the way in these Aruban waters. And he helps you with your diving gear. He tells you where the wreck is when you go down in the water.
The Jane Sea has an open hull where you can go in. Really nice spot to take some pictures when you go down there. If you are lucky and the water is very clear you can see the full length of this 250 ft wreck.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1687 by SunSeeker
bethoven wrote:

Where is the Antilla wreck located? I'll try to check out the place when I visit Aruba. I think you had a great time in Antilla wreck. Can you tell me what could made it stand out from the rest?:rolleyes:

The Antilla is located between Malmok Beach and Hadicurari Beach. But more to Malmok Beach. I think about 3000 ft out of the coast.
I think the story behind this ship make it a special dive. And maybe because it is the largest wreck in the Caribbean. The Antilla is so large (400 ft) you possibly need several dive to see it.
And the Antilla is not that deep so it is possible to dive longer with a oxygen tank.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds