In-Aruba Travel Portal

Antilla Wreck

More
14 years 8 months ago #1688 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
hirami wrote:

That sounds just like something right out of an adventure novel! I never once thought of there being any wrecks near Aruba, but that's absolutely a possibilty. If there's a wreck, there's a big story, lots of history, and maybe treasure, too.

Divers called Aruba the Wreck Diving Paradise. With a total of 7 wrecks Aruba is unique in the Caribbean.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1691 by millionaireman
Replied by millionaireman on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
So, Antilla was the largest wreck in the Caribbean. Are you a professional diver? Do you think the wreck could be safe for a 18 year old boy? Diving in Antilla wreck would be my first gift for my brother.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1727 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Scuba diving is always safe when you go with an instructor

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2010 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
SunSeeker wrote:

I have visit the Antilla once. It is huge. We had beautiful weather and the water was very clear. We made a dive through the hold of the ship. The last time I was visiting Aruba I heard that this ship was partly collapse and that is was not safe to dive through the cargo area. But still there are enough spots at this german freighter that are worth the dive.

If you want to dive at Aruba I recommend the sonesta airplanes and the Jane Sea wreck. For this dives you need a experience diver to go with you. Jads Diving Center, Aqua Windies, Mermaid Divers and Red Sails have good dive instructors.
I always dive with Fred. He is a local on the Island and has lots of experience.

A dive at baby beach is also worth the dive. No wreck over there but it is just to spectacular to miss this dive site. Enter the water at Baby Beach, swim out for 200 or 300 meters, go down, turn right, and stop at the big telephone cable that is under the water. Follow this telephone cable to the shore. Just beautiful.
Jads Diving Center is located at this dive site. They will be glad to help you.

I would like to dive in the Antilla, do we have to rent a boat when we go to the wreck? I would agree that we hire a professional diver for our own safety.;)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2033 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
habagat wrote:

I would like to dive in the Antilla, do we have to rent a boat when we go to the wreck? I would agree that we hire a professional diver for our own safety.;)

Is is wise to hire a experienced diver. And yes. You need a boat to reach the antilla. It can be a shore diva but then it is a long way to swim to the wreck.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 8 months ago #2139 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
SunSeeker wrote:

Is is wise to hire a experienced diver. And yes. You need a boat to reach the antilla. It can be a shore diva but then it is a long way to swim to the wreck.

I just want to know. With regard to the boat, do we still have to look for a place that rents a boat or there could be an available boat to be use nearby? :o

None

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds