In-Aruba Travel Portal

Antilla Wreck

More
14 years 9 months ago #1555 by Bigmac
Antilla Wreck was created by Bigmac
Can anyone tell me anything about the famous wreck in Aruba? I think it is called the Antilla Wreck. I have heard that it is well worth doing a dive on and that it is the largest wreck in the Caribbean? Is this right? Has anyone been on this wreck? Any information would be much appreciated.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #1558 by Bigmac
Replied by Bigmac on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Also, any other information about scuba diving in the area, as well as diving centres? I am very interested in doing some dives while I am there, as I have heard that it is pretty good. Thanks guys!

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1559 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
I have visit the Antilla once. It is huge. We had beautiful weather and the water was very clear. We made a dive through the hold of the ship. The last time I was visiting Aruba I heard that this ship was partly collapse and that is was not safe to dive through the cargo area. But still there are enough spots at this german freighter that are worth the dive.

If you want to dive at Aruba I recommend the sonesta airplanes and the Jane Sea wreck. For this dives you need a experience diver to go with you. Jads Diving Center, Aqua Windies, Mermaid Divers and Red Sails have good dive instructors.
I always dive with Fred. He is a local on the Island and has lots of experience.

A dive at baby beach is also worth the dive. No wreck over there but it is just to spectacular to miss this dive site. Enter the water at Baby Beach, swim out for 200 or 300 meters, go down, turn right, and stop at the big telephone cable that is under the water. Follow this telephone cable to the shore. Just beautiful.
Jads Diving Center is located at this dive site. They will be glad to help you.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #1563 by Bigmac
Replied by Bigmac on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Thanks for all the great information!
Will definitely have to give diving a go out there as it does sound good. The site that you mentioned sounds interesting. Is it a shore dive? You mentioned following a telephone cable out.. to a reef?
Thanks again!! Really appreciate it!

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1565 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
It is a shore dive. When you turn right you will see a telephone cable from the main land (Venezuela) to Aruba. This cable makes a path through the reef. Easy to follow. This is the best dive at Aruba. But that is my opinion.;)

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #1574 by crystal
Replied by crystal on topic RE:Antilla Wreck
Everyone is curious to know more about Antilla Wreck. I've visited the place twice together with my friends. During the World war II, Antilla sank off. If you love adventures underwater, Antilla is such a perfect spot to see tropical fish and coral reefs. You'll appreciate the beauty of it if you dive on daytime.

None

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds