In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba language

More
14 years 8 months ago #2343 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba language
reymartin69 wrote:

English is preferable since almost every arubans know how to speak english. Though they have their own local dialect, English is still taught at school. Language will depends on who will use it, if you are Spanish or Portuguese it doesn't matter as long as you understand each other.

What if you don't know how to speak English well. Do you think there would be some translators in the island? It could be a good source of income for them. What do you think?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2345 by oregano
Replied by oregano on topic RE:Aruba language
Portuguese is my mother language, so that's my first choice. I talk all three languages, so I guess I'm in luck ^^

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2391 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba language
To what extent is English taught in schools? Do students have to learn English from an early age, or do they start learning English a little later like in high school?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2414 by maui
Replied by maui on topic RE:Aruba language
Do they understand English well? For me, it would be better to talked with them in this language so that we could communicate well. By the way, what is Aruba's native language?:rolleyes::)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3098 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Aruba language
bethoven wrote:

If you're in Aruba, you could actually speak Spanish, Portuguese, and English language. Well, their is no reason that you can't talk if you're in this place. Of course, English is very easy, its our international language. Which do you prefer to use Spanish, Portuguese, or English?:rolleyes:

In the above mentioned languages, I only know how to speak English. :o Aside from these, what are the other languages that they know? Could they speak French or Arabic?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3181 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba language
Do you know how to speak these languages, Brandy? I am not quite sure if some of the locals know how to speak French or Arabic. There are lots of people in the island. You would only know that once you get there.

None

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds