In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba language

More
14 years 8 months ago #2256 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Aruba language
bethoven wrote:

If you're in Aruba, you could actually speak Spanish, Portuguese, and English language. Well, their is no reason that you can't talk if you're in this place. Of course, English is very easy, its our international language. Which do you prefer to use Spanish, Portuguese, or English?:rolleyes:

I'd still go for English even though its a crazy language.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2257 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Aruba language
hirami wrote:

English is my first language, but I can speak Spanish and (Brazilian) Portuguese, too. I would prefer to use English because I can speak it best, but I'm always willing to speak in another language if someone else isn't comfortable with speaking English.

Wow! That was nice. It seems you're really good at languages.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2258 by reymartin69
Replied by reymartin69 on topic RE:Aruba language
English is preferable since almost every arubans know how to speak english. Though they have their own local dialect, English is still taught at school. Language will depends on who will use it, if you are Spanish or Portuguese it doesn't matter as long as you understand each other.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2270 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba language
To what extent is the English language used in the government? Are government officials and police required to have a working knowledge of English?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2294 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba language
hirami wrote:

To what extent is the English language used in the government? Are government officials and police required to have a working knowledge of English?

I think the government officials and police authorities have to learn the language. This is the only language that most of the tourists would understand. However, I think when they talk to the locals it isn't necessary to speak in English. They could speak in their own dialect. What do you think?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2317 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba language
Yeah, you're probably right. I guess if a government official has to cooperate with an official from another country or go to the US, they would speak in English.

None

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds