In-Aruba Travel Portal

culture

More
14 years 9 months ago #541 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:culture
jagdaleomkar5 wrote:

Aruba's culture is unique in the Caribbean because it is defined more by geography than by history. While other islands suffered from the squabbling of European nations, Aruba remained relatively unwanted because its desert land was not good for sugar production. This lack of plantation-style farming also kept Aruba relatively free from the African slave trade and the troubles it caused in other nations. Despite other slavery issues, Aruba was extremely peaceful, and this peace is certainly evident today.

Wow! It's good to hear those information. Looks like you knew the history of the island. Are you a resident of Aruba? :) I heard that locals here are very warm, hospital, and generous just like in our country. If so, then it would be easier for us to adapt in the your place. ;)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #552 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:culture
i also came from a country that celebrates colorful festivities, dancing under the sun, flashing smiles to everyone. i really love watching the twists and turns of different colors right before my eyes. what more can the Aruban culture offer??

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1512 by abilash81
Replied by abilash81 on topic RE:culture
i think the culture has to be felt under your nose... it can not be told in the terms of words... you have to feel the difference and you have to understand it.. so come here have a stay here and enjoy here.. there are lot more for new commers here...

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1523 by bonitavarma
Replied by bonitavarma on topic RE:culture
i think the culture is not a matter of concern if you are going for a short vacation... the people here are excellent in hospitality.. and you can have lot of 5 star reception wherever you go..

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1571 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:culture
habagat wrote:

i also came from a country that celebrates colorful festivities, dancing under the sun, flashing smiles to everyone. i really love watching the twists and turns of different colors right before my eyes. what more can the Aruban culture offer??

so it means that Aruba is a place like home..for you ..:)

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #1615 by PappaG133
Replied by PappaG133 on topic RE:culture
I have only been to Aruba one time, but the people were so nice. It's a big change from living in Boston

None

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds