In-Aruba Travel Portal

culture

More
14 years 10 months ago #351 by lilibeth
culture was created by lilibeth
Is there any similarities on your culture as that of Aruba?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #360 by SunSeeker
Replied by SunSeeker on topic RE:culture
lilibeth wrote:

Is there any similarities on your culture as that of Aruba?

We have a lot of similarities. Aruba has been part of our kingdom so there are lots of Dutch influence on the island of Aruba. We only have other interests. For example music. Over there (Aruba) it is al salsa and Latin. Over here its more English pop music.
Aruba is always been a part of our history. Maybe that why it is a ideal vacation spot for the European traveler.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #373 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:culture
The same with your culture Sunseeker, just like in Aruba, the people in our place love music as well. We have many festival here so I wonder, do the people in Aruba celebrate this event also? I've never been there and I really don't have much information about the place. :rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #397 by giay
Replied by giay on topic RE:culture
Just like Aruba we celebrate lots of festivities all year round. Each month there is a celebration geared for everyone to enjoy. Adults and children alike will surely remember the holiday spent with our people.

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #433 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:culture
giay wrote:

Just like Aruba we celebrate lots of festivities all year round. Each month there is a celebration geared for everyone to enjoy. Adults and children alike will surely remember the holiday spent with our people.

likewise here..for me Aruba is my choice of place to live in my golden years..

None

More
14 years 9 months ago #537 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:culture
jagdaleomkar5 wrote:

Aruba's culture is unique in the Caribbean because it is defined more by geography than by history. While other islands suffered from the squabbling of European nations, Aruba remained relatively unwanted because its desert land was not good for sugar production. This lack of plantation-style farming also kept Aruba relatively free from the African slave trade and the troubles it caused in other nations. Despite other slavery issues, Aruba was extremely peaceful, and this peace is certainly evident today.

cool!! so i am correct on deciding to live there..hopefully during my golden years if God permits..tha ti will have a long life! :)

None

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds