Forum archive: this forum contains conversations from 2008 to 2014 and is no longer active. Information may be outdated; see our
travel guide for current information about
where to stay,
where to eat and
things to do.
hey guys ..do you really know about this place(Aruba) and its people? for more information please read it
here
hope it helps..but if you can add some more and update us of what is new in Aruba..then its great!!
I was really surprised to hear that one of the offical languages in Aruba is Dutch. Not a lot of people talk about it, but I still find it interesting. It's a small island that doesn't get nearly enough attention.
So, Dutch is one of the official languages in the place. I thought most of the people speak Papiamento. Well, it's an additional information for me. Is Spanish different from Dutch?
So, Dutch is one of the official languages in the place. I thought most of the people speak Papiamento. Well, it's an additional information for me. Is Spanish different from Dutch?
very different of course..Dutch i think is what we called to people living in Holland if i am not mistaken..Spanish of course from Spain ..
So, Dutch is one of the official languages in the place. I thought most of the people speak Papiamento. Well, it's an additional information for me. Is Spanish different from Dutch?
very different of course..Dutch i think is what we called to people living in Holland if i am not mistaken..Spanish of course from Spain ..
It's interesting to know that Aruba has been influenced by other countries. There could be some locals who know different languages. How about the Papiamento? Is it a part of Dutch or Spanish language?