In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruba..the place

More
14 years 10 months ago #353 by lilibeth
Aruba..the place was created by lilibeth
hey guys ..do you really know about this place(Aruba) and its people? for more information please read it here hope it helps..but if you can add some more and update us of what is new in Aruba..then its great!!

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1681 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruba..the place
I was really surprised to hear that one of the offical languages in Aruba is Dutch. Not a lot of people talk about it, but I still find it interesting. It's a small island that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2473 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba..the place
So, Dutch is one of the official languages in the place. I thought most of the people speak Papiamento. Well, it's an additional information for me. Is Spanish different from Dutch?:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2542 by lilibeth
Replied by lilibeth on topic RE:Aruba..the place
habagat wrote:

So, Dutch is one of the official languages in the place. I thought most of the people speak Papiamento. Well, it's an additional information for me. Is Spanish different from Dutch?:)

very different of course..Dutch i think is what we called to people living in Holland if i am not mistaken..Spanish of course from Spain ..

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2557 by kotosof
Replied by kotosof on topic RE:Aruba..the place
habagat wrote:

Papiamento is their local dialect.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2576 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Aruba..the place
lilibeth wrote:

very different of course..Dutch i think is what we called to people living in Holland if i am not mistaken..Spanish of course from Spain ..

It's interesting to know that Aruba has been influenced by other countries. There could be some locals who know different languages. ;) How about the Papiamento? Is it a part of Dutch or Spanish language?

None

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds