In-Aruba Travel Portal

Common Fish in Aruba

More
13 years 3 months ago #8135 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Common Fish in Aruba
puretravel wrote:

Mahi mahi can be caught in the waters of Aruba and so can blue marlin. I watched the fishermen catching the fish and gutting them on the beaches - can't beat that for fresh!

Mahi mahi is a dolphin fish , right? I heard that this kind of fish dwells at the surface, and it is very strong. Is it true? If so, how strong is it?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8152 by sweet gal
Replied by sweet gal on topic RE:Common Fish in Aruba
britney wrote:

Mahi mahi is a dolphin fish , right? I heard that this kind of fish dwells at the surface, and it is very strong. Is it true? If so, how strong is it?

Yes it is commonly called as dolphin fish. The name mahi mahi means very strong. I don't have any idea how strong it is. However, do you know that it changes its color when it is under the water?

None

More
13 years 3 months ago #8163 by britney
Replied by britney on topic RE:Common Fish in Aruba
sweet gal wrote:

Yes it is commonly called as dolphin fish. The name mahi mahi means very strong. I don't have any idea how strong it is. However, do you know that it changes its color when it is under the water?

It has a golden color on the sides with bright, blue and green on the back. The best way to enjoy mahi mahi is by sauteing it. However, how will you know if it's a female or male mahi mahi?

None

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds