In-Aruba Travel Portal

$5.000 donation for Teen Challenge

More
14 years 9 months ago #455 by bethoven
lilibeth wrote:

you mean on the financial aspect i presumed? maybe its possible..since its their goal to raise money and the likes..

I was actually referring to participating in the activity itself. If I'm not mistaken, the residents of the island were the ones making the artworks, right? Do you think visitors would be allowed to join the program as well? :)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1517 by abilash81
the idea for donating is excellent and i would like to donate the money for the noble cause... please give the details for how can i donate it....

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1569 by lilibeth
bethoven wrote:

I was actually referring to participating in the activity itself. If I'm not mistaken, the residents of the island were the ones making the artworks, right? Do you think visitors would be allowed to join the program as well? :)

well i don't know..i heard that its the students of a particular school who sketches and sold it for charity..do you paint? or draw at least?:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1596 by lilibeth
Lissy wrote:

I like the idea of teens creating artwork, selling it, and then donating the money for the project. What a great way to contribute to a good cause.

likewise here lissy..its a noble job to help people ..and this one is rare one..since its the teens whose raising funds on his through its artwork..:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1717 by habagat
The locals of the island are very kind. With these kind of activity, they are able to help the less fortunate one. That could be the reason why the island is blessed. What do you think?:) I hope they'll be able to continue their good works.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1754 by millionaireman
in-aruba wrote:

PALM BEACH, ARUBA. On Thursday March 19th, Aruba Marriott's General Manager and Vice President Rick Zeolla handed a $5,000 check to Teen Challenge's Vice President of the Board James Ramos and President of the Board Mili Molina-Granviel. The international organization (Teen Challenge) provided all kinds of social support to the community. For more than 3 years the division of Teen Challange in Aruba has been active. The donation of $5.000 will be used for the realization of a youth rehabilitation centre. This centre is for youngsters that suffer from substance abuse addiction.
The money for this donation was raised by 22 school children, who are students in the art class of CreaArte. The children were asked to create ten art works that would be sold. The money they received for this artworks was donated to Teen Challenge.

This such an interesting and helpful event. Everybody would be willing to cooperate with this kind of project. :) Is Aruba planning to have another event like this one?

None

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds