In-Aruba Travel Portal

Hiking in Aruba?

More
12 years 10 months ago #8913 by Justin
Hiking in Aruba? was created by Justin
I like to hike, what kind of hiking are there in Aruba? Are there any poisons snakes or spiders you have to worry about when you are hiking?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8914 by Lantern
Replied by Lantern on topic Re: Hiking in Aruba?
While there are things that may not appreciate you invading their space, the usual tactics - wearing protective clothing, staying off the beaten track etc will be enough I think.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8936 by junethetraveler
Not really. There is one poisons rattle snake in Aruba but it is really rare. They are scared of people so you would have to step right on them to get bit. Sightings are rare so not much a worry there. The other thing to watch for is a boa constrictor. They do not belong in Aruba however somehow there have been many found in the wild. They are dangerous to the ecosystem so if you see one you need to report it.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8938 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Re: Hiking in Aruba?
Thank you for responding to me. That puts my mind at ease. I am a little saddened to hear about the boa constrictors. I have seen them destroy much larger ecosystems than Aruba. I hope they can do something about it.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8950 by Zooba
Replied by Zooba on topic Re: Hiking in Aruba?
I love to hike! I also wonder if there are many trails in Aruba for a beginner? I don't like steep hills or cliffs. Animals don't worry me so much though.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8959 by HurricaneAndy
Replied by HurricaneAndy on topic Re: Hiking in Aruba?
I hate that people buy snakes then release them into the local ecosystem. It's a problem everywhere and I think it's one of the most despicable things someone can do. There are also a lot of invasive fish in the US that are destroying some of our native species. Sad.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds