In-Aruba Travel Portal

Find Out All About The Different Activities On Aruba

More
14 years 9 months ago #1975 by SunSeeker
Even if you have never been to Aruba you are probably still aware of the fact that the island is regarded as one of the most popular holiday locations in the world. It is evident that the island is beautiful and you can soon see why so many people want to go there. If you are thinking about going on holiday to this great place you will be pleased to hear that there are a lot of activities on Aruba to keep you busy while you are there.

There is a great variety open to tourists and as a result you can determine the exact sort of holiday that you are looking for. Many people decide that Aruba is the ideal place for their honeymoon or a romantic excursion. So they are likely to want to avoid the bustle of everyday life and just really spend some good quality time with each other. Not only will they enjoy lovely long walks on the beach, but there are also fantastic sunsets which will capture their romantic imagination. It is definitely also a good idea to make sure that they have a cocktail in hand while they enjoy these sights.

Aruba is not only suited for a romantic holiday though, if you are there with friends and family you are also bound to find loads of things to do. With the beauty of the island plain for all to see, you will of course be expecting that there is some great sea life on the coast and you are not going to be disappointed. Scuba diving is a must while you are visiting Aruba and don't worry if you are just beginning because there are diving services to cater for all levels of experience. While the hotels do tent do offer this service, you can also find some instructors who have their own business and they are located in the marinas on the island.

Fishing is another activity that will allow you to enjoy the sea life. There are many fishing boats available to charter and the local fisherman will share their intimate knowledge of the best spots with you. While you are there you could be lucky enough to break the local marlin fishing record.

For those that want to understand what life is actually like on the island of Aruba, it is recommended that you explore the local villages and especially the market squares. In some cases these are not often visited by tourists and you will see that things are not as mainstream and commercial as they are on in the tourist centers. Understanding one's culture is a good way of learning about their lifestyle and this will add another dimension to your time on the island.

There are various aspects of the local culture that will give you the most insight into their fascinating lives. One is likely to be most interested in the clothes they wear, the manner in which they speak and then of course their amazing food. The locals speak a dialect of Creole and this is a very interesting combination of English, African, French and some other languages that provide an indication of the mixture of nations that touched the history of Aruba. Further insight into the island's history can be gained by simply visiting one of a number of museums.

For those who have no more than a passing interest in history, the food on the island is a modern day way of understanding the Creole culture. If you want to make sure that you get the most authentic experience then don't be shy to go down to any one of the many local pubs and restaurants. You will not only experience great food, but also friendly service and it is likely that you will keep on going back for more.

At night you can look forward to being entertained by incredible dancers, having parties on the beach around big bonfires. There are so many activities on Aruba to choose from that you will probably have to visit the island more than once to enjoy all of the choice that it has to offer.

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2953 by brandy
What language is Creole? Is it similar to Papiamento? I didn't know they could speak in this language. :o Aruba has lots of surprises and I think the people in the island are linguistic.:D

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2958 by habagat
I am very interested to know the culture of other countries. I guess to visit the local villages would be a great idea. Is it too far from the capital city? Do you think tourists will be welcome there?:o

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3163 by bethoven
The activities in the island are very interesting. My friend told me that we could actually participate in any kinds of activities here. I know people like to party all day. What time would all these activities end?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3287 by linette
well i guess i like to find out what it would like to be to be living in Aruba..im curious on their culture and the likes..:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #3295 by bethoven
Have you not read any aruban culture? I guess, we don't have to worry because they said people there are friend and easy to deal with. Just don't show any bad motives they might get angry to you.LOL! What I'm really trying to say is to be more friendly also with them.

None

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds