In-Aruba Travel Portal

Time Shares

More
14 years 2 days ago #4659 by vacationer
Time Shares was created by vacationer
Do you own a timeshare?

I notice the Mill Resort has timeshares listed on their website. I wonder how a timeshare works? Could someone explain to me.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 day ago #4661 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Time Shares
I believe you pay for fees for owning a timeshare. Other people also own the same timeshare as you. You are given 1 or 2 weeks a year to go to the timeshare. You can trade your property and go to a different one too.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4697 by vacationer
Replied by vacationer on topic RE:Time Shares
Thank you for your answer sunandfun. Do you know if you only pay for the 2 weeks that you stay at the time share, or do you have to pay on it monthly?

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4710 by ThomianGyal
Replied by ThomianGyal on topic RE:Time Shares
I'm not sure if it's monthly or yearly, but you have to pay whether you visit that year or not. You also have to try to book your time there before anyone else who also owns the time share books it, which can sometimes be hard to do if it's during a popular season.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4731 by Kat
Replied by Kat on topic RE:Time Shares
If I'm not mistaken, timeshares require a pretty big investment, almost like real estate. I think you pay one large sum to buy into it and then pay your annual fees to use it every year. I could be wrong, but that's the way I always understood it to be.

None

More
13 years 11 months ago #4762 by sunandfun
Replied by sunandfun on topic RE:Time Shares
Maintainance fees if I am correct? They are paid yearly and other people pay them as well. You can trade other people to go to other states to use their timeshare property. I think like if you owned a timeshare in Florida, you get 2 weeks, which if you traded for Hawaii, it's only 1 week.

None

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds