In-Aruba Travel Portal

The University of Aruba – A School of Diversity

More
14 years 8 months ago #2190 by SunSeeker
Students studying at the University of Aruba have a lot to be happy about. As citizens of Aruba, they are afforded the opportunity to receive an excellent education in a small, intimate environment. Located in the LaSalle building in the heart of Aruba’s capital city, Oranjestad, UA offers several different degree programs, all specifically intended to help the youth of Aruba to excel in any of the industries that support the island. Founded in 1970, the University’s faculty has grown as the enrollment has grown to over 300 students.

Students of the University of Aruba can pursue studies in several different fields. The original faculty focused primarily on law. The Faculty of Law at UA offers three different programs, a certificate program, a bachelors program and a master's program. Students completing the 3 year Bachelors of Law program are eligible to complete the 1 year Master of Law program. Upon completion of this degree, they are eligible to become a lawyer and practice law on the island of Aruba. Before a student can enroll in the Bachelor’s program, they must obtain their bachelors degree in another field. Since its founding, this faculty has graduated over 100 students with their Bachelor’s degree.

Another popular course of study for students of the University of Aruba is the Hospitality and Tourism Management degree program. Like most other Caribbean islands, tourism is a major source of revenue for Aruba. The Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies is the newest faculty at UA. Founded in 2005, its primary focus is to ensure the continued growth of the tourism industry in Aruba by providing qualified individuals to lead that growth. The school offers undergraduate, graduate and post graduate course work in this field.

The third Faculty of the University of Aruba is the Faculty of Accounting and Finance. This faculty was founded in 1993 and offers specialized education in the fields of finance, accounting and, since 2004, marketing. Students completing the finance curriculum will be awarded a BE or Bachelors of Economics degree. Students pursuing this degree will be taught about financial economics, information management and other tasks that are essential to almost any business operation. Students pursuing marketing will be awarded a Bachelors of Commercial Economics, or CE degree. This course of study focuses primarily upon the management of an organization and its relationship with the environment. No matter which course of study a student chooses, there is much to be learned at UA!

Just a day at the office...
Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2210 by bethoven
It is a very nice university. By the way, what if we are a transferee, do we have to start all over again? I mean, there are some universities that doesn't credit subjects from other schools. I would like to know the process in this case. :rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2754 by brandy
it is really nice to know. By the way do they have some sort of scholarships granted to the students who have good grades and could maintain grades? because i know some who are interested to enroll but could not finance education.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3265 by dudette
Hey, you know, for any information it is really easy to just go on their site and check out the office of Student Affairs. They will give you all the information you need.

None

More
14 years 7 months ago #3282 by bethoven
Can you give me a link for that site to direct their student affairs? I want also to know, what is their cut off grade when you enroll to them. How much also is the tuition for every grading period?:)

None

More
14 years 1 month ago #4609 by Grable
To go to school in such a beautiful place must be wonderful! Do a lot of Dutch citizens come down to Aruba to school? That would be wonderful! Are there a lot of students in the school?

None

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds