In-Aruba Travel Portal

Local gifts from Aruba

More
14 years 9 months ago #2036 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
habagat wrote:

I didn't know they make their own perfume. I hope these would not be too expensive. Do you know a place where we could buy all this things? Tourists, like me, would be able to save time if all these products will be seen in one shop.;)

Perfume from Aruba, is what I'm also looking forward to buy. Do you think it would be very expensive? How about the dress for women? Do you think you can find it anywhere in the market? :rolleyes:

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2157 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
bethoven wrote:

Perfume from Aruba, is what I'm also looking forward to buy. Do you think it would be very expensive? How about the dress for women? Do you think you can find it anywhere in the market? :rolleyes:

There would be plenty of dresses in Aruba. My friend told me that in Oranjestad, there would be many local stores that sell affordable clothes. I wonder, how do the locals dress themselves?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2495 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
crystal wrote:

In Aruba, you've got so many choices in terms of local products.

cigars
pottery
paintings
sculpture
tamarind sweets
local wines
local handicrafts
perfumes

I have seen in television how pots are made. They use this simple machine and mold the clay using their hands. Do you think we could make our own pot? I'm just curious.:rolleyes:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2505 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
brandy wrote:

I have seen in television how pots are made. They use this simple machine and mold the clay using their hands. Do you think we could make our own pot? I'm just curious.:rolleyes:

Wow! I think that is a great idea. Where could we find these pottery shop? :confused: I hope we could find one because they are the ones who could really answer your question.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2528 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
Making clay pots are very simple. I made one in art class during high school. You don't always have to use a machine to mold the clay, it can be done using your hands. Afterward, when you're ready to fire it, you just put it in a kiln which is just a big oven for pottery. This shouldn't drive up the cost of pottery too much.

I'm interested in the miniature gifts that someone mentioned earlier. What kind of miniature gifts? Do you mean glass miniatures, clay miniatures, or something else entirely?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2593 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Local gifts from Aruba
I haven't heard about glass miniature. Do they make glass pots? :rolleyes: I think it would be more expensive than the ones made from clay. Which do you think is better, the clay or glass one?

None

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds