In-Aruba Travel Portal

Exports from Aruba

More
14 years 8 months ago #2342 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
You have a point, Hirami. Aside from tourism, what could be the other sources of income in the island? I don't think they would earn much when they import goods and products.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2347 by oregano
Replied by oregano on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
If they can get plenty of income from tourism to overcome any importing outcome, why should they ruin their island with industry or agriculture (which would reduce tourism anyway...)?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2358 by habagat
Replied by habagat on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
Would Aruba survive earning from tourism only? If so, I could say that their government is doing a great job. I hope our country earns majority from tourism as well.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2388 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
There are pleny of island nations that do have tourism as a driving force of their economy, but they still have other industries. They can't rely on imports to the island alone.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2499 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
reymartin69 wrote:

Aruba has a minimal export industry. Their main source of income is tourism. Though there are agriculture but for local consumption only. There are also Oil processing plants but they import the oil from Venezuela.

I think, the island doesn't have much products to export because it is not quite a huge place. The resources would be enough only for the people in Aruba. I want to know, do they have factories?:confused:

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2522 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Exports from Aruba
I guess what I want to know is how does Aruba stay self-sufficient? Does the government subsidize its farmers to make sure that their goods make it to market without having to worry about the high costs?

None

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds