In-Aruba Travel Portal

Public Transportation in Aruba

More
13 years 10 months ago #5388 by BeachBum
I would recommend renting a car if you want to do more than limited exploring on the island. Or take a cab, be careful of the rates though. They don't run off of a meter, they are predetermined so talk to the driver before leaving to your destination so you can agree on a price. Remember to tip 10-15% also.;)

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5395 by bessie
I prefer renting a car as well since I have ran into issues in the past with getting the proper public transportation to work. I have been stuck without a "ride" before and its always been during the worst of times. ;)

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5397 by Peyton
What about bike rentals? I wouldn't mind taking a ride around the island rather than driving in a car. Does anyone know where I would be able to rent a bike?

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5402 by betsy
I personally would rather leave the driving to someone who knows where they are going so it's cars and public transportation for me. I hate driving when I don't know where I am going.

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5428 by offseason
SunSeeker wrote:

English should not be a problem. The Aruban people are usually very familiar with this language.

That's a good news. I also believe that as one of the most visited tourist spot, where the local people mainly depends on tourism industry to make a living, Aruba must have gotten the people ready to welcome and serve visitors.

None

More
13 years 10 months ago #5432 by oceanlover
I am glad to hear that public transportation is available in Aruba and that the drivers can speak English. We were hoping tha we wouldn't have to rent a car while we were there.

None

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds